Sunday, December 30, 2018

Live with purpose

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of everyone; the living should take this to heart." Ecclesiastes 7:2 NIV


Image result for runners giving back pic
"Oh, praise you Lord. What a blessing this is," I thought as I set foot on the picturesque trail He had led me to (close to the hotel my family and I were staying at). And as the thought of God's abundant goodness caused me to think of the many other ways I had been blessed throughout the years, I began to cry when my mind unexpectedly drifted back to December 31, 2016 - a day that reminded me to count my blessings often and to never take them for granted. You see, on that day two years ago, a dear friend of mine went home to be with the Lord after suffering an unexpected stroke. Just like that, the 34-year-old wife and mother of three that I had worshiped and served with was gone, leaving the reminder that no one can determine when or how they will leave this world.

And when it comes to the uncertainty of life, the Bible reminds us that contemplating our certain death can actually help us to live life more fully. You see, although many people go to great lengths to avoid thinking about dying or even refuse to face the possibility, "death is the destiny of everyone." And by taking that knowledge "to heart" and really grasping the brevity of life, we are more apt to live life as we should - serving God to the absolute best of our ability and intently loving others with abandon.

So today, while there is still time, choose to live with purpose my friend. Live with the intent of doing things that will have an eternal impact on the lives of others. And most of all, live to serve Jesus as if this moment is all you have, because as Christine Caine writes, "Life is too short, the world is too big and God's love is too great to live ordinary."

Heavenly Father, thank you for the reminder that life is short at best and that we never know when it might end. May this serve as a reminder to all of us that each and every day is a blessing to be cherished and to be used to make an eternal impact on the world. May we live to serve you with all that we have Lord. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

Echo - Blanca
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWOtNV6XQME

No comments:

Post a Comment