Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Even in the darkest night

"Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me." Psalm 23:4 NLT


Related image
When I casually told a coworker how I was looking forward to Daylight Savings Time so my early morning runs wouldn't be in the dark anymore, she got a serious look on her face and said, "Aren't you afraid?" "No," I replied. "I use a headlamp, take extra precautions and trust Jesus to protect me in the dark as well as in the light." Being a Christian herself, she pondered the thought for a moment and responded, "You're right. That's a great point." 

And you know what? That's true for each and every believer. Whether we are going through, or running through, the darkest night or "the darkest valley," the hardest trial or the worst diagnosis, you and I have no reason to be afraid. We can trust Jesus to protect us in the dark as well as in the light, in the worst of times and in the best of times. Because as the psalmist knew, no matter where you and I may walk or what we might walk through, the Lord is always "close beside" protecting, guiding, and comforting us. 

So knowing that Jesus is walking with us, don't be afraid to live for Him my friend! Don't be afraid to go out and do the things God has called you to do or go to those places He has called you to go. Put your trust in Him and press on.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise that You are our protector in this world and in the next. Help us to be so confident that you are close beside that we would be unafraid to live each day to the fullest serving You and attempting great things to bring You glory. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

Even then - Micah Tyler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PBysTjztCU

No comments:

Post a Comment