Tuesday, October 16, 2018

God surely hears

"But God has surely heard; He has attended to the sound of my prayer." Psalm 66:19 BSB


Image result for person praying pic
As I was finishing up my "run" in the pool early yesterday, my heart was anxious. I would be leaving in less than 24 hours for Oklahoma to see my son graduate from basic training and I had just recently read conflicting details on the times and procedures to enter the Army base. "Oh Lord," I prayed. "Please still this Momma's heart and let me know everything will be okay." And guess what? Not even five minutes later a woman walked into the room and, after making small talk with her, revealed that she had a son that was in the same platoon! She was on her way to see him the next day as well and confirmed the details with me. Now what are the chances of that? 

To anyone who doesn't know Christ, the chances of that happening would probably look as slim as finding a needle in a haystack. But if you know the Lord, you know that He hears our prayers and nothing is impossible for Him. In fact, the psalmist was not only confident that God heard his cries but wrote, "He has attended to the sound of my prayer." Do you get that? God heard his prayer and personally "attended to," or took care of, his needs.... just as He does for you and me.  

Is that an amazing thought or what? We have a God that truly loves us my friend! It's no wonder that the psalmist then declared, "Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!" Shouldn't that be our response when God hears and attends to the sound of our prayers as well? I sure think so. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me so much that You would personally work out the details to still my anxious heart. Lord, if there's anyone that doesn't know You and doesn't have this same peace in their lives, I pray today is the day they turn to You and accept You into their hearts. It will truly be the best decision they will ever make. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Just a prayer away - Jaci Velasquez

No comments:

Post a Comment