Thursday, October 25, 2018

Be listening

"While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.'" Acts 13:2 NIV


Image result for person looking up pic
Many months ago I wrote about how, by God's divine intervention, I met a young man while out on my morning run. After feeling led to slow down and make small talk, he opened up to me about some of his struggles. Prompted by the Holy Spirit, I was bold in the questions I then asked and gentle in telling him that Jesus was the answer. And having learned through our conversation that I knew his mother, I was prompted by the Spirit once again to make contact with her, vowing to join in praying for her son. And while Cody has been on my prayer list since that day, I was prompted yesterday to pray even harder and message his mother once again to check on him. Her immediate response? "You must have some extrasensory mechanism because he needs prayers." 

Oh how I love the way the Holy Spirit works! Just as He spoke to the worshipers at the church of Antioch all those years ago to instruct them to "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them," He speaks to us today in various ways to put us in the place to do the work He has called us to. And if a mechanism can be defined as the fundamental processes involved in or responsible for an action, reaction, or other natural phenomenon, everyone who has the Holy Spirit living inside of them and is listening is part of that mechanism and will hear instructions as well. 

So the question then is, when the Holy Spirit speaks will you be listening? And most importantly, will you obey? He can and will work through every one of us in amazing ways my friend if we simply say, "Yes Lord. Use me." Will you allow yourself to be used?

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us the Holy Spirit who prompts us to pray for others. And not only does the Spirit prompt us to pray for others, but instructs us when to move into action. Help us to spend time in the Word each and every day that we might know You so well that we recognize your voice when You speak. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

The one He speaks through - Mandisa

Original blog

No comments:

Post a Comment