Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Better together

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time for us to do." Ephesians 2:10 CSB


Related imageWhen one of my close friends called to seek some advice, we talked for a while before she (knowing that I’m blessed to be a race director) exclaimed, "I'm so sorry! It's race week. You must be extremely busy getting everything planned for the weekend." And that's when I got the chance to tell her about my amazing church family, saying, "Actually I'm not that busy. My brothers and sisters at church, united in vision, totally stepped up to do the things I can't do now that I have a full time job. They have literally filled every gap and I don't know what I would do without them." 

And you know, when it comes to work, the Bible tells us that “ we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time for us to do." Did you notice that Paul didn’t say "I am his workmanship" though, but "we are his workmanship"? And that God prepared us, not just me, for good works? You see, while each one of us was indeed created to work for the Lord, we weren't designed to do it alone. We were meant to work together to do so much than we could ever do solo. 

So in the words of Rick Warren, "As you walk through life, remember that you're not supposed to do everything on your own. You need other people to walk alongside you, but you also need other people to work alongside you. As you share the burden of your work with fellow Christians, you'll find that you actually accomplish more for the glory of God." And isn't bringing glory to God the purpose of all we do my friend? 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that Christians need one another to fulfill the calling God has placed on each one of our lives. Help us to look for ways to help our brothers and sisters excel in those things God has called them to and let us not be too embarrassed or hesitant to ask for help when we need it. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Better together - Potential Worship

No comments:

Post a Comment