Monday, January 23, 2017

one little act

"Pardon me, my lord," Gideon replied, "but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family." Judges 6:15


This picture of Dawn Nisbet finishing last in her local parkrun has gone viral, with people saying the mum-of-two is inspiring


The inspiring image of Dawn Nisbet finishing a local 5k in her Greater Manchester town went viral Saturday-not because of her miraculous time or enviable running form though. It was because she was last, and not the picture one might envision when you think of a runner, and yet embraced the run with joy! This mother of two said, "I'm 41, overweight and quite shy too, to feel that I have inspired one person is just amazing. The messages I have received are wonderful and bring me to tears some of them. In my own little way I have helped other people." 

You know God has been using ordinary people, people who thought they had no special gifts or talents, since the beginning of time. In fact, Gideon, who with an army of 300 men composed of only farmers and shepherds, wiped out 135,000 experienced and battle-tested Midianite soldiers. Could there have been anyone more ordinary than Gideon who described himself by saying, "My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family."? And yet he was used to do great things!

Each and every day God uses ordinary people-some in "little ways" as Dawn described her efforts and some in bigger ways as he did Gideon. But I imagine if you were to ask even one of those people who were motivated to make a life change because of Dawn, they would say her actions were anything but small.  So whatever your purpose is today and how unqualified you might feel, know that God can and will use you in your 'own little way' too if you let him. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for those people who are willing to be used by you to help and inspire others that they are worthy and have purpose. Help us to remember that there are so many lost and lonely people out there whose lives could be changed by one "little" act by us. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

Use me too - Johnny Diaz


No comments:

Post a Comment