Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Everything is possible

"I will stand there before you by the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink." So Moses did this in the sight of the elders of Israel." Exodus 17:6

Image result for hand out water bottle pic
With temperatures approaching the sixties, the unseasonable winter weather made for a very warm run yesterday and I found myself unusually thirsty several miles from where I had left my water. Longing for refreshment, I prayed that God would somehow give me what I needed. So as I approached the top of the hill, I wasn't surprised to see a friend headed into his office (good timing right?). Seeing me, he smiled, said Hi and asked how I was. "Thirsty" I replied. "Do you happen to have any water you could spare?" To my delight, I was immediately ushered in, given a cold bottle of water and sent on my way.

You know, when I prayed for water, I wasn't worried about how God was going to provide it. I simply knew that He would. The "how" didn't concern me as it didn't concern Moses when, while in the desert camped with the Israelites, the people demanded water but there was none to be found. After all, they were in the midst of bone-dry land. But Moses, knowing that God was all-powerful, cried out and was told to take his staff and go to the rock of Horeb where God then commanded, "Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink."

Can you imagine getting water from a rock? Probably not but that's exactly what happened. What if Moses, though, had simply stared at the rock wondering exactly "how" God was going to make it happen? Water doesn't flow from rocks, right? It does when God commands it my friend. So, no matter what you're praying for today, don't worry about "how" God will accomplish it but pray in faith that He will.... because He can. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the reminder that nothing is impossible with you. Help us to concern ourselves with believing that you can make impossible situations possible and forget worrying about "how" it could possibly happen, Help us to simply have faith that you will provide. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

Impossible - Sidewalk Prophets


No comments:

Post a Comment