Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A routine worth keeping

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life." Psalm 143:8


Image result for person praying in morning

In the summer of 2013, Chuck Todd, NBC News political director, described himself as the being the most unhealthy he had ever been, "I was close to 200 pounds, which, at five-foot-ten, is overweight." So he said, "Lemme see if I can run for a week straight. Then it was two weeks, then three. I created a routine." He says by December he had lost a few pounds and found that running helped him make wiser food choices as well. Years later and still running, for him, this is one routine worth keeping.

And while ditching old routines and establishing new ones can certainly have benefits, some routines should never change. David knew this when he wrote, "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life." David knew the importance of starting each day by asking for God's guidance. In fact, he knew it was so important that he did it before anything else.

I wonder, do you have that same routine? Before checking your phone, going for a run or turning on the television, do you do the most important thing? Do you seek the Lord and his will for the day? If not, getting in the habit is easy. Try it for a week straight. Then two weeks, then three. Pretty soon you'll be in a routine worth keeping and be all the better for it.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word that clearly tells us that we should seek you first and above all other things. Help us to develop and keep a routine of regularly meeting with you as we realize the true importance of it. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!
www.team413.org


In the morning - Jeremy Camp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KG9bl6kX7s

http://www.runnersworld.com/im-a-runner/chuck-todd


No comments:

Post a Comment