Wednesday, May 4, 2016

We get to!

"Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world," Philippians 2:14,15



After taking several weeks off to heal from tendonitis, I got to run yesterday. Did you hear that? I didn't have to run. I got to run. How many times, I thought, had I complained about having to get in a run or workout when I should have been celebrating the fact that I was healthy enough to do so? For that matter, how many times had I grumbled about doing things I felt I had to do instead of counting them as blessings? Hallelujah! This time off gave me a new perspective on things. As I was later doing the laundry, I praised God that I got to do it-it meant I had a family who needs me. I praised him that I got to make dinner-it meant I had the money to buy food and a family to share it with. And I praised him that I got to clean the house that night-it meant I had a roof over my head and rambunctious kids to mess it up.

You know, when it comes to complaining, the bible instructs you and me to "Do all things without grumbling or disputing," All things means everything we do, whether at home, work, church or anywhere else. That way no one can find fault with us and we can live pure lives, lives shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and immoral people. And that type of life, a life transformed and set apart, can be the most effective witness to the power of Christ. So while the world is complaining about the things that need to be done, let us rejoice that we get to do those things!!

For, as Christians, we know that God has given us a purpose and an opportunity to let the world see Him through us as we do. Isn't it wonderful that you and I get to do this?

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving us a purpose and surrounding us with the many blessings we do not deserve. Help us to look at every day tasks as ways to be grateful and thank you for what you have given us. Give us a renewed heart and fresh perspective today that we might find nothing to grumble or complain about. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment