Sunday, May 8, 2016

I'll do it!

"The Lord now chose seventy-two other disciples and sent them ahead in pairs to all the towns and places he planned to visit. These were his instructions to them: “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields." Luke 10:1,2


As my son's high school district track meet was set to take place last Saturday, the athletes were assigned their usual events. However, there was no one to run the men's mile and when the coach asked for a volunteer, there were no takers. That is until Mikey said, "I'll do it." His teammates laughed as they reminded him that he was a shot-putter not a runner. But Mikey didn't care as he reaffirmed his decision, "I'll do it." He was part of the team. He saw a need and he filled it. Later that day, I was blessed to watch this young man run as hard as he could and finish the race (smiling even as he came in last place) to the cheers of his friends and coaches.

I have to tell you that I love this kid's attitude! When it comes to filling a need, the bible tells us of an even greater endeavor that needs volunteers, those people willing to step up and say, "I'll do it." Before sending out the disciples Jesus had chosen, he instructed them saying, "The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest: ask him to send more workers into his fields." No doubt there were many other people following Jesus at that time, but how many were willing to go? They didn't need to be qualified, they didn't need a formal education or a large bank account or any amazing physical abilities, they simply needed a heart willing to do what was asked of them. And the same is true of us. We only have to be willing to be a worker in "his fields."

In this fallen world full of lost and lonely people, will you be the one to say, "I'll do it."? Will you, knowing it will be hard, venture out to reap a harvest? And will you join with me in praying that God would send more workers into his fields? Oh, may you and I be willing to fill that need today!

Heavenly Father, we thank you for sending your son Jesus to forgive us of our sins and give us a purposeful life. I pray that you would start a fire in each of us to go out into the fields, wherever you are calling us to, to preach the Gospel and be the light in a dark world. May our prayer be, send me I'll go, I'll do it!  It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Send me I'll go - Lecrae

Number 18 is Mikey (next to my son in the hat) after the race surrounded by his friends. 
Running his heart out at the home stretch. This guy came in under 7 minutes!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment