Thursday, May 19, 2016

new and improved

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Image result for butterfly cocoon

Yesterday, while on my morning run, I heard someone yell my name. As I looked around, there across the busy roadway, were two friends I hadn't seen in a while (also on their morning run) waving happily. When I finally navigated my way to where they were waiting, one of them said, "We didn't know if that was you or not. I can usually tell it's you by the way you run but you're not running the same. Good thing you were wearing your TEAM 413 shirt because that's how we recognized  you." I laughed as I jokingly told them that, since I had been working on correcting my form, I was now  "new and improved". 

"New and improved." Shouldn't that be a stamp on the forehead of every Christian? The bible tells us that when we choose to follow Christ our sins are forgiven and we are no longer the same person. Although we may still look the same on the outside, we are totally transformed on the inside. Think of it this way-once a caterpillar emerges from its cocoon as a beautiful butterfly, it can never go back to being a caterpillar. It's a new creation! That's you and me my friend. The day we chose to follow Jesus Christ we became "new and improved."

And the best part? Anyone, no matter what they've done or where they've been, can be transformed into something beautiful, a new creation. Isn't that cause for great celebration? I certainly think so. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for your sanctifying work in us. Thank you for not only forgiving us of our sins but transforming us into something beautiful that you can use. Help us to live our lives in gratitude each and every day. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

Made new - Lincoln Brewster

No comments:

Post a Comment