Sunday, January 3, 2016

Nothing can separate us

"No power in the sky above or in the earth below--indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 8:39 NLT



I know this comes as no surprise but I love running. I love it so much that I actually crave it and will go to almost any extent to run a race. But there's something I crave even more than racing and that's worshiping the Creator, especially alongside my Christian brothers and sisters. So having missed church last week due to the flooding in our state, I was determined to get there yesterday. Unfortunately though, an accident involving a propane tanker carrying several thousand pounds of propane caused a complete shutdown of several miles of roadway, the road that led from my home to church.

After scanning the map and driving miles of muddy gravel roads on our "alternate route", my daughter and I made it without a moment to spare. As we rushed in, the band was just beginning to play as I heard these words, "No ocean no valley no mountain too high. No power on earth there's no distance too wide... nothing can ever separate us." The lyrics moved me to tears as I was immediately overwhelmed at the extent that God would go to be with me, even sending his only son down from Heaven. Whether I had made it to church or not, God was with me.

You see, God is not confined to a building nor is his love for us. In fact, the bible tells us that there is "nothing in all creation", not even a flood or an accident, that can ever separate us from the love of God. Isn't it awesome to know that we are forever united in love with Christ Jesus our Lord wherever we may be? I certainly think so. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for being such a loving and merciful God. You not only loved us at our worst but loved us enough to meet us there by sending your only Son to show us a love beyond comprehension. It is beyond comforting to know that nothing in all creation will ever separate us from your love. Oh thank you Lord for this most precious gift. Thank you! It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Nothing could ever separate us - Citizen Way

No comments:

Post a Comment