Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Treasure worth seeking

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13


When one of my dearest friends recently missed the Boston Qualifying goal time he had set for himself by mere minutes, I was glad to see that he was going to try again. Not only was he going to try again but he was seeking it with a renewed and relentless passion, even switching training plans and increasing mileage. While I have no doubt that his tireless efforts will soon pay off, his actions served as a reminder that this same method should be our approach in our pursuit of knowing God.

This is not a half-hearted effort my friends. It is indeed an all out pursuit. It is laying aside anything that might stand in the way of knowing him, seeking him day and night just as we would pursue treasure. The modern definition of seek is to attempt to find something. But to seek "with all your heart" means much more...It's seeking with absolutely no thought of stopping until that thing being searched for is found. It's saying I will not attempt to find my Lord, I will find my Lord. And when you and I do that, God gives us this promise, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Isn't it amazing to know that the greatest treasure that we can ever have is ours for the taking if we will only seek it with our whole hearts? It can be frustrating when we don't find what we are searching for immediately but in the words of W.E. Hickson, "If at first you don't succeed, try and try again." I promise the search is worth it. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for promising to reveal yourself to all those that will seek you with their whole heart. Give us patience, wisdom and strength to continue seeking you until we we have found you. You are treasure worth seeking more than anything else in the world. May that goal consume us each and every day. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

The more I seek you - Kari Jobe




No comments:

Post a Comment