Wednesday, January 6, 2016

First place

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33


In my early twenties, I frequented a gym that had personal trainers on staff and available to answer questions at any time. Seeking out the oldest one there, who I was absolutely sure had to be the smartest, I asked him whether it would be better for me to run or lift weights first. I will never forget his response as he smiled and said, "Do the one you love the most first because that will be the one you do the best."  And when it comes to seeking and serving Christ while balancing work, family and the activities of this world, that same principle still applies... choose first what you love most.

Matthew 6:33 commands us to "seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Why seek Him first? Because God is worthy to receive the best of us... our time, energy and praise, before the world and the pressures of the day tire us out. It's when we seek him first that everything else falls into place.

What do you find yourself choosing first each day and giving your best to? In the words of Lauren Daigle, may we begin each day by saying to the Lord, "You are my treasure and my reward. Let nothing ever come before I seek You. First."

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us even when we seem to love the world more. May we start today putting you first, waking with praise on our lips, gratefulness in our hearts and a renewed commitment to serve you. Oh Lord that we might put you first showing that we indeed love you the most. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

www.team413.org

No comments:

Post a Comment