Monday, September 21, 2015

Shout praise

"Shout to the LORD, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy!" Psalm 98:4



Sunday morning I awoke to find that I was very hoarse. Shouts of encouragement and congratulations from the previous day's race had left me with very little voice much to the delight of my husband. As the worship music began to play at church later, the praises flowed even as I had to mouth most of the words. While God loves to hear our shouts of adoration, He also loves to see a heart fully devoted to his worship. And whether or not I could say it in words, I basked in his presence as every part of my being sang the praises my mouth could not. 

Did you know that the command to praise God is mentioned approximately 250 times in the bible? And many times the command is followed by an exclamation point. By definition an exclamation point is: a mark used especially after an interjection or exclamation to indicate forceful utterance or strong feeling and as a distinctive indication of major significance. Could there be any act more significant than praising our Savior? I think not!

So today, and everyday, let us Shout to the Lord and break out in praise and sing for joy! May we praise Him for his loving kindness, faithfulness, protection and the many good things He has done. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for the multitude of blessings you have bestowed on us. We are undeserving of any good thing that you could offer. But we praise you for being the awesome God you are! You are truly worthy of all our praise and we will shout your praise and sing for joy for the good things you have done! It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. And all God's people said...  Amen!

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment