Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Be that friend

"My brothers and sisters, if one of you should wander from the truth and someone should bring that person back, remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins." James 5:19-20



Last week while running with a friend, I was lost in conversation as I was talking to her when, out of nowhere, she shoved me... hard. Before I could say anything or ask why, she screamed "Snake!". Still feeling the sting of her push, I looked down to see the snake that had been in my path. Had she not reacted as she had, I would have stepped right on it. Once my pulse returned to normal, I thanked her. We laughed and agreed that keeping one another safe is what friends are for.

The bible tells us that we are to do the same for our Christian brothers and sisters. If we see one of them wandering away from the truth, we should help bring them back. Rather than being worried about offending someone and keeping quiet, we must be a friend that will take action. Galatians 6:1 tells us that "if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently..". It's not enough to merely hope they will turn to God, we must pray and act.

Perhaps you know someone that might be straying off course today? Will you be the friend to help? Remember that "whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins." Again I ask, will you be that friend?

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving us Christian brothers and sisters to help keep us on track. If we are straying off course, I pray a friend would bring us back. And if we know of a believer wandering away from the truth, may we be bold enough to restore that person gently. Help us to be true friends to one another, loving them so much that we would do anything to save them from death. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

www.team413.org

I will be your friends - Michael W. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment