Sunday, September 27, 2015

Trust

"I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!" Isaiah 65:24



I was up and out of the house early Saturday morning intent on getting in a run with friends and being back to my house by 9 am to go to my son's soccer tournament. I knew if I timed it right, I might even have enough time to sit down and eat. Imagine my dismay as we prepared to start when I locked my car and shut the door only to see my keys on the front seat. "Noooooo!" I shouted. But not one to delay a run, off we went. I knew the situation would be the same when I returned but one thing would be different... my attitude.

While it's totally true that we can't run away from our problems, we can take a break from them to pray and trust that God would give us a solution. In the midst of trouble, it's so easy to be overwhelmed with the situation that we forget Who it is that already knows what we need and is there to provide it. The bible tells us that God answers us before we even call out to him. In fact, while we are still talking about our needs, he will go ahead and answer our prayers. Had I stayed to try to "fix" things, I would have missed out on some great fellowship with friends. And yes, I did make it home by 9 am (with 5 minutes to spare). How's that for answering a need?

Perhaps you feel overwhelmed today with things that are out of your control? Maybe even situations you've brought on yourself? Won't you take a moment or two to walk or run from it? He knows what you need most, it's to trust in Him... in things big and small.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the reminders that you love us. You know everything that we are going through and will go through and use these situations to strengthen our faith in you. As we trust you in the small things, we learn to trust you in the big things. And then nothing seems very big at all. Help us to trust you in all things! It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!
www.team413.org

I will trust in You - Lauren Daigle


No comments:

Post a Comment