Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A divine appointment

"The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives." Psalm 37:23


Have you ever had a "divine appointment"? Before you say no, consider it's meaning... A divine appointment is a meeting with another person that has been specifically and unmistakably ordered by God. Several years ago, after crossing the finish line of the St. Louis Marathon, I realized (once again) that I had no idea where I had parked my car. Wearing a mylar blanket and donning a finisher's medal, I slowly began my search as I was approached by a car. "Do you need a ride?" they asked. Seeing that they too were wearing finisher's medals and would not have the energy to either kill or kidnap me, I climbed in. This was unmistakably God's handiwork and I was grateful.

As I reached my car, I thanked them and stepped out at the exact moment an old friend from high school was walking down the road in busy downtown St. Louis. As he yelled my name, I turned around to realize this was certainly no "chance meeting" either. We hugged, laughed and talked about the different paths our lives had taken.  I listened as he explained how he had recently gone back to school and wasn't sure of his future (or his faith I felt). And as I told him about the things God was doing in my life, he smiled. One last hug and I wished him well. As I walked away, I prayed that no matter what the future held for him, today he would make the decision to let Christ be the center of it.

This "chance meeting" was not by chance at all you see. It was specifically and unmistakably a "divine appointment". So today, if your schedule is interrupted or you are forced to go a different way, remember that God is directing your steps and every detail of your life. He may just be scheduling a "divine appointment" for you. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us so much that you would delight in every detail of our lives. May we be open to the plans you have for us and in constant communication with the Holy Spirit that we might not miss a divinely orchestrated appointment. May you use us to bless, comfort and help others. And mostly to bring the message of salvation to a hurting world. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Give them Jesus - Jaci Velasquez

No comments:

Post a Comment