Thursday, September 24, 2015

Promises

"I will come to your temple with burnt offerings and fulfill my vows to you—vows my lips promised and my mouth spoke when I was in trouble." Psalm 66:13-14


Have you ever made a deal with God? You know, if you will only do this, then I will do that? If we're honest, most of us would answer yes to that question and especially if you have ever run a long distance race. Oh Lord, please get me to the finish line and I promise to go to church every Sunday. Or maybe it was please get me out of this mess and I promise I will never do that again. Well... did you fulfill your end of the bargain? And, if so, for how long?

Most of us use this tactic when we are in trouble and have no other way out. We are desperate and will do anything to make things right. We may have every intention of fulfilling the vow we made but soon forget it and drift back into our old ways and habits. The writer of this psalm made a promise to God that he we prepared to keep. He came seeking God saying, "I will come to your temple offerings and fulfill my vows to you- vows my lips promised and my mouth spoke when I was in trouble."

What God says, He will do. What He vows, He fulfills. God wants us to follow that example and be men and women of our word. Perhaps there's a promise left unkept today? Whether it be between you and God or you and another person, may today be the day you fulfill that oath and be an example to others.

Heavenly Father, we thank you for the many times that you have come to our rescue. We thank you that what you have vowed, you will do. Thank you that there is never any doubt of your faithfulness. May we follow that example today and be men and women of our word. May we keep any promise left unkept and fulfill any vow abandoned today. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

www.team413.org

Promises - 7eventh Time Down


No comments:

Post a Comment