Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Every good thing

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17



As I was nearing the end of my run, I glanced down at my watch. Hmmm, not even 9 am yet and I had so much to be thankful for already. Good things that only God could have gifted me with. I woke to a warm home with electricity. The water tap opened with a simple twist to provide a cold glass of clean H2O. I got to then wake up two healthy and amazing children and get them off to school. And then, because of the health, time and ability God has blessed me with, I got to enjoy a run amidst changing leaves and fall like weather while listening to my favorite Christian radio station. I couldn't help but praise the Father for the good and perfect day that was beginning to unfold.

The bible tells us that "every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father." Do you know what the definition of a gift is? It's a thing given willingly to someone without payment, a present or a natural ability or talent. The things that we so freely enjoy like our homes, health and family are given to us by God as is our ability to enjoy them. But we sometimes rush through our day failing to see the day for what it is... a present, a good and perfect gift that only the Father can give us. 

So today, won't you take a moment to reflect on the many things that God has blessed you with? And then, won't you take the time to thank Him for them?

Heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of today. May we use this day to sing praises to your name and to boast of the great things you have done for us. Thank you for continuing to bless us with presents even when we show little or no gratitude. Thank you Father for every good and perfect gift from above. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

Every good thing - The Afters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY2ycrpbOlw

No comments:

Post a Comment