Tuesday, March 10, 2015

It is all good

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28



On March 5, 2015, almost two years after the Boston Marathon Bombing, Rebekah Gregory took the stand to testify against Dzokhar Tsarnaev, one of the men accused of setting off the bombs. In an open letter she read to her attacker, she explained how she had been terrified for years because of what happened and then she said, "But today, all that changed. Because this afternoon, I got to walk into a courtroom and take my place at the witness stand, just a few feet away from where you were sitting. (I was WALKING. Did you get that?) And today I explained all the horrific details, of how you changed my life, to the people that literally hold YOURS in their hands....But today, do you know what else happened? TODAY...I looked at you right in the face....and realized I wasn't afraid anymore. And today I realized that sitting across from you was somehow the crazy kind of step forward that I needed all along.

And I think that's the ironic thing that happens when someone intends something for evil. Because somehow, some way, it always ends up good.....now you have given me (and the other survivors) a tremendous platform to help others, and essentially do our parts in changing the world for the better....o yes...you did take a part of me. Congratulations you now have a leg up...literally. But in so many ways, you saved my life. Because now, I am so much more appreciative of every new day I am given. And now, I get to hug my son even tighter than before, blessed that he is THRIVING, despite everything that has happened.


Sometimes the "everything" that works together for our good is not the thing or things we would have ever chosen or felt we could overcome. We just can't see the "big picture". But by trusting in God and His plan for our lives, we can watch as He puts the pieces of the broken puzzle together to create a beautiful "big picture" of His grace, kindness and mercy and the good for which we were called according to His purpose. Be patient my friends in whatever you are going through.... rest, knowing that He is working all things for your good.

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us. Be with us Lord in those hard times when we doubt your plan and purpose. Help us to trust in You, to let go of our doubts and fear, as you put the pieces together to form us according to your purpose for us. May we use these experiences to strengthen our faith and to lead others to you. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

www.team413.org


Blessings - Laura Story

https://www.facebook.com/newday.newhope.rebekahgregory

No comments:

Post a Comment