Friday, April 18, 2014

God gave us a purpose

God gave us a purpose


"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  Psalm 139:13-14


Ever wonder why you are the way you are?  Do you ever wonder if God truly knew what He was doing when He made you?  Maybe you don't feel adequate or worthy?  Not pretty or talented enough?  Maybe you have a personality trait that drives people crazy or a physical defect deemed a handicap?  My mother loves to tell people that, from the moment I was born, I was screaming and laughing.  While I don't scream anymore (well not a lot anyway, just ask my kids),  I continue to laugh and find joy in the smallest of things.  I have been made fun of, called hyper and over the top and been told, on numerous occasions to "calm down."   Then God showed me the purpose for my life and guess what?!!!  Those personality traits that people find annoying were the exact traits I would need to accomplish the purpose He had for me.  Of course I didn't fit in in the world, I wasn't made to!  None of us are.  

I can assure you that none of us is perfect,  or even close,  by the world's standards. No one- not physically, spiritually or mentally.  But, here's where we get it wrong, while we aren't perfect and still sin and "fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23, we are perfect for the purpose God created us for.  We weren't made for the world, we were made for God and by God.  Isaiah 43:7 says, "everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created for My glory, whom I formed and made."   Psalm 139:14 says that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made."  Genesis 1:27 says that we were "made in His image."  So, we can surmise that we were made "fearfully and wonderfully",  "in His image" and "for His glory."  Isn't that amazing?  He took care to make us all different and yet to work alongside each other for the same purpose.

Pastor Rick Warren says that, your SHAPE reveals God's purpose for you.  What is SHAPE?  Spiritual gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, Experiences-these are the five things that make you, you.  And there is only one you!

There is a life mission that God has for you that nobody else on this planet can do.  Maybe you've missed that mission.  Maybe you've missed serving God.  I'm saying, "Let's start today.  Let's make the rest of your life the best of your life."  God will never ask you to do anything in life that He hasn't already given you the ability to do. So you look at your abilities and realize, "I'm good at that.  That's what God wants me to do."-Pastor Rick Warren

Heavenly Father, thank you for making me the person You want me to be.  Please open my eyes to the purpose you have for my life so that I may bring You glory through it.  Thank you for your grace, love, kindness and mercy that you've shown me.   Remind me that it is never too late to begin.  In your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen.  

Happy Running!!!

This is a must see-watch to the end.  "We are the clay.  You are the potter.  We are all the work of Your hands." Isaiah 64:8





No comments:

Post a Comment