Wednesday, March 13, 2024

God Causes Everything to Work for Good

“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:28 NLT



As is my daily habit, I pulled up my Facebook memories yesterday, anxious to see what was happening on March 13 in the previous years. Before scrolling down to see them though, I read the message Facebook had for me at the top, a message I had never seen before. “Melissa, you can manage your settings to hide memories of a person or a day that you’d rather not see right now. You can also control how we notify you about your memories.” “Oh my,” I thought to myself.  “Are there memories so bad that people don’t want to see them?” Sadly, as I quickly reflected back on my own life, I answered the question with a downhearted, “Yes.” And I know I’m not alone. Many believers have memories that are almost too painful to bear until they remember that God takes situations that seem hopeless and turns them around. Just like He did on March 13, 2021. Early that morning I received a call informing me that the Waynesville park had completely flooded overnight. Which meant that our annual Racing for Daylight race would have to be canceled unless this dilemma was worked out very quickly! But God worked the problem out as He always does. Within an hour of the initial call and after making a few phone calls, we had a new location and a new route… and the runners were able to be notified of the changes in time for the event to be a huge success!! Is God good or what?

But you know, that’s just what God does in the lives of people (like you and me) who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior. He takes the trials, tribulations, and pain that would leave them with painful memories and, in ways that only He can figure out, works them for “the good”. Which means that, as believers, we can look back at all of our memories (the good, the bad, and even the ugly) and smile at the way the Lord worked them all together “for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Do you just love that or what? 

So if you’re in a trial right now or looking back on one that hasn’t come to any “good” yet, hang tight my friend and keep trusting God. His ways are much higher than ours and His timing is always perfect. Which means that, in His time and in His way, you will see the promise of Romans 8:28 come to pass if you stay faithful… and it will leave you in awe. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise that You can and will always bring good out of all our hurts, heartaches, misery, messes and mistakes if we would only choose to love and follow You. May that knowledge always give us the strength, hope and courage to endure every trial with joy in our hearts and a song of praise on our lips. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment