Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Be the someone that tells them

“For everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.” But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?” Romans 10:13,14 NLT


With the rain coming down in buckets and lightning in the forecast early yesterday morning, I decided to head to the pool (which is in an adjacent town) for a much-needed active recovery session. And since this is a drive I take 4-5 days a week for one reason or another anyway, I focused my thoughts more on the sermon I was listening to rather than the drive. That was until the Holy Spirit stirred up a memory along the route. “Oh my,” I thought to myself as I tried to hold back tears. “This is the spot five years ago that I came around the corner at the exact time a speeding car coming in the opposite direction hit a dip in the road and went airborne before crashing into the side of the building I am now staring at.” And although I was shocked upon seeing this, I immediately pulled over, put my vehicle in park, and ran across the highway to check on the driver. Fearing the worst after seeing the young man behind the drivers seat covered in blood, I dialed 911 and then immediately looked him in the eye and said, “Do you know Jesus as your Savior?” because I just couldn’t take the chance that he would die without having accepted Christ first. Thankfully the young man not only believed in Him but survived the crash that totally demolished his car. Amazing right?

And do you know what’s even more amazing? That trading eternal damnation for eternal salvation is as easy as calling “on the name of the Lord.” Which is the very reason I’m so passionate about sharing the Good News. You see, as Paul clearly understood, a person can’t “call on him to save them unless they believe in him.” But “how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?” The answer is simple. They can’t! Which means that the “someone” who is commanded to share the Good News with the lost is you and me. And since we don’t always know who’s lost by looking at them, we would do well to ask the question, “Do you know Jesus as your Savior?” And if the answer is no, then we must then be that “someone” who takes the time to tell them about Him.

So look for opportunities to share the Message of Salvation my friend. Be ready at all times, knowing that you might only get one chance to tell the Story that has the power to change a person’s life both now and for eternity. It's that important!

Heavenly Father, thank You for making it clear that we MUST share the Good News at every opportunity You give us. Help us to be bold, loving and unashamed in doing this, knowing that our obedience to the calling could very well determine where a person spends eternity. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment