Wednesday, April 27, 2022

His timing is perfect

“As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.” Psalm 18:30 BSB


“Oh my goodness!! It was perfect timing this morning,” my dear friend Dawn texted me yesterday after the Lord arranged our sunrise meeting on her way to work. “Thank you for praying with me.” Upon reading the text, as I continued on my daily run after stopping to chat and pray with her, I smiled and replied, “God is so good Dawn! And so intimate. This morning reminded me that He truly cares about the little details in our lives. He cares when our hearts are troubled... literally. And sends believers to speak words of encouragement.” And I said this because Dawn’s heart truly was and is troubled; troubled by heart disease and the words she had heard from her doctor earlier in the week and the anxiety it caused.“My heart is only functioning at 39% Melissa. But I don’t feel bad. I had no idea that it was this bad," she told me. Struggling to hold back tears as I remembered how Dawn who is in her late-forties had suffered a heart attack last year, I replied, “In God’s hands, that 39% can function like 100%. Nothing is impossible for God. Just look at all the things you're able to do.” “I know,” came her reply as her eyes filled with tears. “Let’s pray,” I said as I reached for her hands. And pray we did. Right there on that dirt road where God had intersected our paths at the perfect time. Is God truly good or what?

But you know, that’s our God! As David knew, God is truly good and “His way is perfect.” That means God's love, God's goodness, God's plan, God's promises, God's word, God's protection and God's timing is perfect too. And it’s this perfect love the Father has for us that moves Him to personally arrange meetings such as the one between Dawn and me--a perfectly-timed appointment that provided the encouragement and prayer she so desperately needed. 

So no matter what you might be going through today my friend, let me remind you that our God is absolutely perfect as is His love for you and for me. And as this story shows, He will go to great lengths to prove it by personally orchestrating divine appointments that provide the perfect encouragement at the perfect time. Is that amazing or what? 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that although You are above all, You care about the most intimate details of our lives. You care when we are hurting and You care when our hearts are downtrodden, so much so that You will bring people into our lives at the perfect time to pray with us and lift our spirits. Thank You for your perfect timing Lord. Help us to trust You all the more knowing that your perfect love for us will never fail. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment