Sunday, January 2, 2022

The most Wonderful Counselor

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government will be upon His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6 BSB


Like most runners in Missouri, I was NOT ready for the bitter cold that swept in over the weekend. After having run for nearly two weeks in spring-like weather, the burst of winter air that I battled on my run yesterday morning was not for the faint of heart. "I really miss those warmer temperatures," I thought to myself as I pulled my hat down tighter over my ears and smiled. While the thermometer read 12 when I set out on my eight-mile loop before church, I knew that the "feel like" temperature was closer to 0. The frigid conditions didn't stop me from posting a video (which required me to take off my mittens and pull down my facemask) of how beautiful the morning was though. Which prompted Ed, one of my dearest running buddies, to make this comment," I think you need therapy." "That is so funny!" I said out loud as I laughed and shook my head. And if therapy can be defined as a form of treatment aimed at relieving mental health problems (which lead to running in freezing temps), Ed was spot on.

And you know, if we're honest, each and every one of us would admit that having a therapist to help us work through some of our mental or emotional distress would be a great thing. After all, life is full of ups and downs right? Thankfully though there is a "Wonderful Counselor" that you and I can and should turn to with all life's questions. And that Counselor's name is Jesus; the most "Wonderful" therapist we could ever consult because His knowledge is not only incomprehensible, which makes Him qualified in ways no human counselor could ever be, but in Christ is “hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge," including the knowledge of all human nature. And you can be sure that since Jesus always knows what we’re going through, He always knows the right course of action.

So if you're like me and in need of a therapist today, look to Jesus my friend. Through prayer, Bible study and meditation, this "Wonderful Counselor" who we call Jesus Christ has all the advice and answers you and I will ever need. Is that amazing or what? 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that your wisdom is greater than the wisdom of any person. Help us to continually look to You for the guidance, answers, and advice we need to be spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically healthy. Lord, all that we need is found in You. Cause us to truly understand that. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment