Thursday, January 13, 2022

Speak timely words

“Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.” Galatians 5:25 NLT


As I was out on my run early yesterday morning and meditating on one of the verses I had been reading during my Bible study less than one hour before, I was overwhelmed with the need to stop in my tracks and make a video. “Someone needs to hear what I’m revealing to you today,” I felt the Holy Spirit speak into my spirit. “You’re so right! I’ll do it now,” came my silent reply. “I don’t know who needs to hear this today.... ” I began before speaking the encouraging words that were laid on my heart and then posting the video to social media. And sure enough someone DID need to hear the message I later learned. “Um... That would be ME that needed you to share this with,” my friend Susie replied to my post. “Having Job like faith has been a full time job lately....” "Oh wow Lord,” I thought to myself as I smiled and read her words. “Thank You for allowing me the blessing of delivering that message." Still smiling, I then responded to Susie's post with, "Don’t you love it when God uses us to speak timely words to a brother or sister that needs to hear them? God is so good!”

And you know, God is indeed good and His timing is always perfect. He knows when and what His beloved children need to hear and will many times use believers, that’s you and me, to speak those much needed and timely words. Which is the very reason you and I must be obedient when we are prompted by the Holy Spirit to speak. In his letter to the Galatians, Paul said it this way, “ Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.” That means being sensitive to and heeding the “Spirit’s leading” no matter how uncomfortable it may make us or how crazy we think we might sound to others. That “every part” means we must follow the Spirit wholeheartedly—doing exactly what He says exactly when He says to do it.

So be obedient when you sense the Holy Spirit prompting you to speak or act my friend. You’ll not only please the Lord and be blessed by doing so but you could very well be changing the course of someone’s day or even someone’s life. Is that an amazing thought or what?

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us the Holy Spirit to live inside us, to guide us and to lead us. Give us a hunger for the Word Lord that we might read it, meditate on it and follow it so that we can live by the Spirit and walk in obedience. Cause us to be ultra sensitive to the Spirit’s prompting Lord and completely devoted to heeding His every command. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment