Monday, April 5, 2021

He knows and He cares

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there." Psalm 139:7-8 NIV

As I made my way slowly around the dirt track behind my workplace yesterday afternoon--getting outside to absorb some sunshine, breathe in the fresh air and move a little on my 15-minute break--I couldn't help but throw a little pity party for myself. "I miss my morning runs. I miss the sunrises and I miss being able to just walk at a brisk pace. Everything is so hard right now," I found myself thinking as I looked down at the walking boot I would be wearing for a few weeks after injuring myself while running a 100 mile race on March 27. And while I could have continued to focus on those negative thoughts, I refused because I knew it would only lead to despair. Instead I chose to remind myself that, although the sequence of events that led me here might have taken me by surprise, they didn't take God by surprise... not in the least. In fact, nothing takes God by surprise. Oh how that thought made me smile.

And you know, there will be times in every believer's life when their circumstances will cause them to wonder, "Does God know what I'm going through? Does He even care?" And just as David believed with all his heart, God is all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful, and everywhere present; which means nothing takes Him by surprise. There's nowhere we can go from his Spirit and nowhere we can flee from his Presence. If we go up to the heavens, God is there and if we lie in the depths, God is there. And the best part? Where God is, there is supernatural hope, comfort and peace. Which means, although we may not understand what's happening to us or around us, we can rest assured that God does and will work it for our good.  

So no matter what you might be going through today, I hope you will choose to find joy in your circumstances knowing that God knows, God cares and God is there. And that thought, my friend, should have you smiling from ear to ear. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding us that there is absolutely nowhere we can go that You will not be there. You know what we are feeling and You truly care. And You are not a God who watches from a distance, You personally walk with us right by our side. Cause us to believe this Lord that we would find hope in every situation. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment