Tuesday, September 25, 2018

God has a plan

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." Philippians 1:6 NLT


Related image
Jordan Hasay, America's second fastest female marathoner, was crushed when, midway into training for next weekend's Chicago Marathon, she got injured and had to take time off saying, "It is pretty devastating and unexpected. But I’ve been through a lot worse personally with my mom. (Hasay’s mother, Teresa, died in November 2016, at age 56.) In 2016, I was so bummed I didn’t make the Olympic team. But that was when I came home and decided I was going to move to the marathon. I got to spend some extra time with my mom when I would have been away in Rio, and I think about how those were her last couple of months. You don’t really know the reason until later sometimes, I definitely think there’s always a reason, and God’s got a plan."

God indeed has a plan for each one of us and that plan is to make us more like Him which He does through spiritual training. That spiritual training, or "good work within," started when we first believed and "will continue... until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." And while we may not always understand the reason we're faced with trials or heartache, like Paul, we can be absolutely "certain" that God will use them to conform us into His image. 

Knowing that God has a plan for us should then give us a new perspective on trials don't you think? Micheal Youssef says it like this, "Seeing life's trials as a blessing starts with having the right perspective. God's perspective. That perspective is this: God allows trials in your life to help you grow up...to mature you in Him. In other words, you will never grow in your walk with Christ without trials. God uses them to be your teacher and to make you into the person He wants you to be."

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that we are never alone. You are always there working in our lives and orchestrating circumstances to helps us to grow and become more like You. When we don't understand Lord, help us to trust. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Remember - Lauren Daigle

No comments:

Post a Comment