Sunday, September 30, 2018

Exactly as planned

"The LORD God took the man and placed him in the garden of Eden to work it and watch over it." Genesis 2:15 CSB


Image result for runner praying pic
I had to laugh as I listened to my favorite radio announcer, who happens to be my favorite running buddy as well, explain on air last week how he made it into the Boston Marathon but his friend, Melissa Martinez, had missed the cutoff by ten seconds saying, "May we have a moment of silence in this matter." After laughing a little himself he then said, "She's totally okay with it though because she said God wants her somewhere else." 

And you know what? I am totally okay with it! Why? Because I know that God's plans are always better than mine, that He always has something better in store, and that He will put me in the exact spot to do the work He has prepared me in advance to do. How am I so certain? Consider what the Bible tells us about Adam, "The Lord God took the man and placed him in the garden of Eden to work it and watch over it." He could have put Adam anywhere but he placed him in the exact spot, at the exact time, to perform the exact work He wanted him to do. 

So isn't it exciting to think that when our life isn't going "as planned" that God's perfect plan for our life is working itself out exactly "as planned"? That means that you and I can embrace those times when our plans are disrupted and look forward to the better ones ahead. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that your plans are always better than the ones we make for ourselves. Help us to remember that as servants of the Almighty, our life is not our own and neither are our plans. Help us then to joyfully surrender our will to yours. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Have it all - Bethel Music

No comments:

Post a Comment