Monday, September 10, 2018

Fullness of joy

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11 ESV


Image result for joyful person picIf there's one thing I have learned over the years, it's that the devil will try to steal my joy at every opportunity. I hadn't even opened my eyes on Saturday morning before he reminded me that my plan to pace a friend for a 50-mile race that day was not going to happen because "God was totally unfair by not healing my injury and I might as well go back to sleep." Rolling my eyes at his whispered lies, I hopped out of bed and opened up my Bible to prepare for the amazing day that I knew was ahead of me. And guess what? The day was even better than amazing! By choosing joy over self-pity, my daughter and I enjoyed a "girls day" of shopping and laughing that I will never forget. 

You know, because we live in a fallen world where sickness and sin abound, there will always be days when you and I won't feel like being joyful-days when we have to struggle to get out of bed or even crack a smile. But it's on those days, that you and I can choose to be joyful in spite of our circumstances by choosing to enter into the presence of the Lord. You see, it's there that "fullness of joy" can be found. And it's not just a smidgen of joy that God promises to give us but a to-the-top-fill-your-heart-to-capacity "fullness of joy."

So if you're feeling troubled, depressed, overwhelmed or sad today, won't you make the choice to go to the One who can give you the joy you so desperately need? Enter into His presence my friend and allow your heart and your attitude to be changed.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that no matter what's happening within us or around us, true joy can always be found in You. Help us to enter into your Presence with thanksgiving and praise that we might receive that fullness of it that we so desperately need. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Joy - Planetshakers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoyHjjHTO14

No comments:

Post a Comment