Monday, July 23, 2018

Listen to the voice

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it.'" Isaiah 30:21


Image result for shelly ann fraser pryce
Jamaican runner Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, a two-time Olympic 100m champion who missed 2017 due to pregnancy, broke 11 seconds for the first time as a mother Saturday to win the 100m race at the London Olympic Stadium. Of her comeback to racing, she said, "I cannot complain because I haven’t raced for ages and I’m happy that the run today was under 11 seconds. It’s hard work racing after having a child, but it’s not as though it’s anything I’m not used to. I’m used to sacrificing and making sure that my path is right. Being a mother is my first priority and to come back and be flexible with my training is wonderful and I’m so excited about next year now.”

An outspoken Christian, I loved how "making sure that my path is right" is a constant and consistent pursuit in her life-as it should be for all believers. How do we make sure that our paths are right though? By following the words of Isaiah who said, "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." In other words, before deciding on any path to wander down, you and I should consult the Lord and then carefully listen to and completely obey the Holy Spirit's promptings-not taking even one step that is contrary to His "voice". 

So may we make prayer and Bible study a priority that we might learn to know the Father's voice and discern His perfect will for our lives. It's only then that you and I can be sure to stay on the right path my friend. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us so much that You would choose to personally direct our every step. Through Bible study and prayer, help us to look to You for guidance in every area of our lives that we might walk in step with You at all times. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Spirit of the Living God - Meredith Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment