Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Extend the invitations

"Now go out to the street corners and invite everyone you see.’ So the servants brought in everyone they could find, good and bad alike, and the banquet hall was filled with guests." Matthew 22:9,10


Image result for inviting others to church
As my friend, Ashley, and I were marking the course and setting out cones before Saturday's early morning color run that I was blessed to be helping with, I was approached by a young boy and his father who were walking in the park. "What's going on? What are you all doing?" the little boy asked. And after I excitedly told him about the fun race that would be going on in less than an hour, I invited them both to join us saying, "The registration table is right over there and I promise you won't regret it." To my delight, they not only ran the race (and had fun), they joined our running group too. 

And when it comes to invitations, do you realize that the greatest offer that you and I could ever extend to anyone is to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior? You see, whether we believe it or not, there are many lost people in our world, even in our own backyards, that don't know about Jesus and the celebration that God is preparing for all those who believe. Which is why we are told to "go out to the street corners and invite everyone" we see. This is not a mere suggestion either my friend. It is a command. 

So may you and I be bold in inviting everyone we see "good and bad alike" to the great Wedding Banquet that is to come, so that the "hall" might be "filled with guests." It's one event of which you can most assuredly and excitedy proclaim, "Please join me. I promise you won't regret it." 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise that everyone who calls upon the name Jesus will spend eternity with You. Please place an urgency inside each of our spirits to boldly invite all we see to the foot of the Cross that no one would perish without having a relationship with You. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Come to the table - Sidewalk Prophets

No comments:

Post a Comment