Monday, July 16, 2018

The happiest place

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever." Revelation 21:4


Joseph Hostetly recently blogged that, by using 6,000 Delta miles and 4,000 Southwest points, he was able to fly from Cincinnati to Chicago and back to run what he calls the happiest 5k on the planet. This happy run, better known as The Color Run 5k, he said, is "designed to distract you from the fact that you’re doing something healthy for your body. You’re having too much fun to realize that running actually blows." He went on to say that, "The Color Run in Chicago was super fun. It was a reminder to me that miles & points are useful."

And while most everyone has a different idea of where the happiest place or event on the planet is, there is no disputing where the happiest place we could ever go is... Heaven. The Bible tells us that Heaven is a place where there will be no more tears, death, sorrow, crying or pain. Oh won’t that be a happy place? And the best part? We won't need any miles or points to get there. It is open for all those who have placed their trust in and called upon Jesus Christ to be their Lord and Savior. 

So I wonder my friend, will you be there one day? Will you be joining me in a place filled with more happiness than we could ever dream of? You will if you have accepted Jesus into your heart. Have you? 

Heavenly Father, thank You for the reminder that no matter how much sorrow this world holds, every believer can look forward to being reunited with you in a place where there will be no more tears. For those who have not yet made the decision to follow You, I pray that today would be the day they would pray, "I admit that I am a sinner and I need you Jesus. I believe that You are the Son of God and that You died and rose again to save me from my sins. I ask that You come into my heart right now and dwell in me forever that I might one day join You in heaven." It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

There will be a day - Jeremy Camp 

No comments:

Post a Comment