Sunday, February 18, 2018

He meets all our needs

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Image result for marathon water station pic

Nearing the start line of the El Paso Marathon early yesterday morning, it became apparent that my husband would be stuck in traffic unless I got out quickly and walked the rest of the way, allowing him to exit onto the freeway. Unfortunately, in my haste to exit though, I forgot to grab my GU Energy gels. And while facing a 26.2 mile race without any nutrition might strike fear in the average runner, I was unusually calm. Calm because I knew that God, who has always been faithful, would provide exactly what I needed, exactly when I needed it. And provide He did - a gel at mile 6, bananas and oranges at nearly every water station, and my favorite Peanut M&M's were better than anything I could have packed myself. 

And you know, the apostle Paul knew a great deal about God's faithfulness too. Time and again, the Lord had provided exactly what he needed, exactly when he needed it - making him so confident of God's ability to provide for him and other believers that he wrote to the Christians at Philippi, "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” It’s this firm trust that all his needs would be met that allowed Paul to be calm and trusting no matter what situation he found himself in. 

And isn’t it great to know that’s God's promise is still true today? You too can have peace my friend in any situation you might be facing knowing that God was, is and always will be the Great Provider. And since He has unlimited resources, you can be sure that there's nothing in this world that you could ever need (not want) that He cannot supply. 

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us so much that You would promise to meet all our needs... not just some but all. What a comforting thought that is for all who place their trust in You. Help us to believe wholeheartedly in that promise that we might live our lives free from the worry of being left in want. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

Don Moen - Jehovah Jireh

At the finish line with my son and niece. God truly does provide. 



No comments:

Post a Comment