Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The water that satisfies

"But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life."" John 4:14 NLT


Image result for runner drinking water pic
Over the past decade, a team of physicians and researchers at the Mayo Clinic have been collecting data from runners in an attempt to predict and treat running injuries. In doing so, Runners Science, as the research study is known, also uncovered some significant findings related to fluid intake and finishing time. We found that runners with slower paces tend to be at the greatest risk for exercise-induced hyponatremia or low sodium, which can be very detrimental – even deadly. We found that slower runners stop more often and consume more water. Their recommendation? Regardless of pace, we recommend runners drink to thirst and remember to consume some beverages that have electrolytes in them, such as sports drinks.

With all the calculations that go into determining what to drink and when, wouldn't it be nice if we could just drink once and never have to do it again? It sure would make running easier, wouldn't it? And while our physical thirst can never be permanently satisfied, our spiritual thirst can. You see, once we accept Jesus as our Savior, the Spirit’s presence “becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within” us - a presence that continually pours out the grace that gives us “eternal life” causing us to “never be thirsty again” for the things of this world. 

So, today, if you have an unquenchable desire that you have not been able to satisfy, won't you come to the well to receive what your soul truly yearns for? Won't you make the decision to “drink the water” that will permanently satisfy your thirst?

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us so much that you would offer to permanently quench the thirst within our souls and give us the peace we so desperately crave. If there's anyone who has not accepted this offer, I pray today is the day that they say... Jesus, I accept your offer of living water. I accept you as my Savior and I ask that you come into my heart and abide with me forever. I believe that you died to save me from my sins and I want to spend eternity with You. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

The well - Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment