Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Remind me

"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds.” Psalm 77:11,12

Related image

Upon hearing of the cancellation of the race I was signed up for last Saturday, I checked the radar for a break in the onslaught of rain and lightning that would make the two-hour drive home easier. When I spotted my best chance, I loaded up my car, got in and then... nothing. The battery was completely dead and by the time I got a jump start and headed out, the storm was so intense I could barely see in front of me. Feeling panic arise I called out to my daughter in the backseat, "Remind me of how faithful God has been to us." You see, right then I needed to remember. I needed to be reminded that there was no need to worry. And as her little voice began, "Remember when...." and recalled the many times God had been there for our family, I smiled and pressed on. 

You know when trials or storms come upon us, it's easy to panic if we don't take a moment to reflect back. The Israelites knew that and during their difficulties declared, "I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on your mighty deeds." These memories of God's faithfulness reminded them that the Lord was capable, trustworthy and faithful. And by meditating and really pondering on the things he had done for them in the past, they could trust that he would provide the same care now and in the future. 

Perhaps you are experiencing a period of trouble, panic or doubt today? If you are, I urge you to do as I did and take a moment to remind yourself of the good things God has done in your life and remember when. Remember when he saved you. Remember all the times he rescued you and remember all the times he provided just what you needed at just the right time and when he made a way when there seemed to be no way. You see, recalling all the Lord has done in the past will surely give us all the courage to press on and move forward. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for your love and faithfulness you have displayed to your children. When we get panicky or doubtful, help us to remember the good things you have done in the past that we might renew our strength and have the faith to face new trials. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus, Amen, 

Happy Running!!!

Never been a moment - Micah Tyler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo-3-q5dQHU

No comments:

Post a Comment