Wednesday, February 15, 2017

It has benefits

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right." 2 Timothy 3:16


Image result for person reading bible pic

If you love the marathon as much as I do, you might find it hard to believe that the majority of people, even other runners, do not share that passion. In fact, EllipticalReviews.com reported a top list of things people would rather do than run a marathon. Forty two percent of those surveyed said they would rather shave their head, 18% said they would rather change their name to Trump and 48% would rather watch C-SPAN for 24 hours straight. Shockingly though, 46% said they would rather read the bible than run a marathon-indicating that they really wouldn't like to do either one but would at least choose God's word over the 26.2 miles. 

And while running a marathon may not have a lot of benefits other than a medal and bragging rights, reading the Bible has more than we can count. It is literally, "inspired by God" and has the answer to so many of our questions in life. What is my purpose? Is there life after death? How do I get to heaven? Why do I go through struggles? How can I change? How can I make my marriage better? How can I handle the stress of my job? How can I raise my children better? Are you getting the point? The answer to all these questions and more is in this amazing book that God has given us. 

So if you're struggling for answers today, look to the Bible. It has the power to, "make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right." How's that for a host of benefits?

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us so much that you would give us your Word that we might have the answer to all life's questions, problems and dilemmas. Help us to develop a love for reading it that we might live a life filled with your peace. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Your words - Hillsong

No comments:

Post a Comment