Thursday, February 16, 2017

Reach out

"Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” Luke 19:9,10

Image result for helping homeless pic

Scheduled to work the El Paso Marathon Expo Saturday and run the race Sunday, my family and I drove all night to arrive in Texas by yesterday afternoon. Upon arriving and overdue for my workout, I quickly changed into my running clothes, tied my shoes and headed out the door to explore the streets of this town commonly referred to as "Sun City". Nearing the end of my run, I slowed down in time to read the bumper sticker on the car parked along my path, "Don't follow me, I'm lost." Wow, I thought, doesn't that describe most of the world? But praise God, there's hope that no one has to stay that way. 

In Luke, the story is told of Zacchaeus, a very rich tax collector. Despised by his fellow Jews and considered a cheater, traitor and chief sinner of the worst sorts, Zacchaeus was lost-and no one cared. No one except Jesus that is. You see, "the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost." All the lost... the tax collectors, the prostitutes, the adulterers, the addicts and every other sinner in need of Salvation. And the best part? Just as he sought out this detested and much-avoided tax collector, Jesus is still seeking out and pursuing those people deemed "untouchable" today. 

You know Christ considered no one beyond redemption and neither should we. You and I should be following his example by reaching out to the lost, all the lost, no matter what title society has given them or how immoral their lifestyle might be. After all, we were once lost too remember? 

Heavenly Father, thank you for seeking us out when we were lost and dead in our sin. Help us to see others as you see them that we might see their value no matter how unworthy or untouchable they might seem. Help us to love them Lord as you love us. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Let love win - Carrolton






No comments:

Post a Comment