Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The crossroads

"This is what the LORD says: "Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it. Travel its path, and you will find rest for your souls. But you reply, 'No, that's not the road we want!'" Jeremiah 6:16


Image result for crossroads pic

While running down one of the remote county roads near my house yesterday, I decided to take a right turn down a side road I had always ignored. Looking forward to where it would take me, I found great pleasure in the new terrain with the rolling hills and open pastures. After several miles of this though, the road abruptly ended and I had a decision to make-go left, go right or turn around and go back the way I came. I surely had no clue which way to go so I did what I always do in these situations or these crossroads of life... I stopped and prayed, "Father lead me in the way I should go." 

At one point or another in our lives, we will all come to a crossroads or, as Google Dictionary defines it, a point at which a crucial decision must be made that will have far-reaching consequences. Jeremiah the prophet knew the Israelites were at this point because of their backsliding when he warned them to "Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way and walk in it." He was urging them to turn from the path of sin they were on and turn back to God's path where they would find rest. But they refused and chose their own way instead with disastrous consequences. 

The choice is no different today my friend nor the consequences of choosing to go our own way less harmful. The right path for living is ancient, unchanging and marked out by God and it is the only way that we will find peace and freedom in this life. The choice is yours...

Heavenly Father, thank you for clearly telling us in your Word that following you will lead us to peace and rest in this life and eternal life with you after this life has passed. Help those who are at a crossroads today turn to you and choose to be set free. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Zach Williams - Chainbreaker


No comments:

Post a Comment