Sunday, December 25, 2016

and them some

"And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19


Image result for pile of christmas presents

As the last Christmas present was opened yesterday morning, I looked around at the mound of empty boxes, bags and torn wrapping paper. And while I was most certainly grateful for the new and improved Garmin and cold-weather running gear I received, I realized that I really didn't need any of this 'stuff'. My old watch was fine and I could most certainly make it through another winter with what I had. Likewise, there was not one gift that my husband and I gave our children that they actually needed. And then I had to smile and offer up a prayer of thanks to a God who, I remembered, has always supplied all my needs (and then some). 

While in a Roman prison, Paul wrote a letter to the Christians at Philippi to thank them for the gifts they had sent to him and to remind them that this same God who took care of him would supply all of their needs too. He was encouraging them to remain faithful knowing that God, "from his glorious riches", had more than ample resources from which to provide for them. And, as such, there was never any need to worry. 

You know the same is true for believers today. God may not supply all we want but He will most certainly supply everything we need (and then some). What more could we possibly ask for?

Heavenly Father, thank you for always supplying the necessities to travel through this life. Help us to be content with what we have and to distinguish between those things we want and the things we actually need that our focus would not be on worldly things but looking to You. It's in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

God will take care of you - Plumb

No comments:

Post a Comment