Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Thank you

"Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom." Psalm 145:2,3



After recently switching health insurance providers, I was offered the opportunity to receive a substantial discount based on the results of a Healthy Lifestyle Assessment survey. Among the questions asked were: Do you have cancer? Have you ever been diagnosed with high blood pressure or heart disease? Have you ever had a seizure? As I answered no to each of these questions and many more, I thanked God for my health and then for the many other things that I was indeed thankful for but took for granted most of the time. I thanked Him for my children, my husband, my home, my friends and my ability to run. I thanked Him for my church, my old car that still runs and the food on my table. 

What's funny is that, once I intentionally started being thankful, I found more and more things to be thankful for and more and more reasons to praise Him. And I couldn't help but wonder what would happen if we all made it a point to thank Him even before our day begins? Before we even grab that cup of coffee or check our emails? What if we, like the psalmist, would vow "Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise..." How much different would our day be by starting it off grateful for what we have? 

So won't you stop right now to take inventory of all the things you have to be thankful for? Wow! The list was longer than you thought wasn't it? Oh praise God for his goodness and whose greatness no one can fathom! Giving thanks is definitely the best way to start to the day. 

Heavenly Father, because of your great love for us, we truly have a lot to be thankful for. Help us to see the simple blessings you bestow on us each and every day and to have an attitude of gratitude as we thank you for each one of them as we sing your praises. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!
www.team413.org

No comments:

Post a Comment