Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Looking for hope and change?

"Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14



While on my morning run yesterday, I couldn't help but notice all the political signs urging people to vote for a certain candidate. They were everywhere-lined up on the lawns of dozens of homes, stuck to the sides of passing cars and displayed from storefront windows. Have you noticed though that, while each candidate has their own campaign slogan, signs and agenda, they all seem to promise the same thing? Hope and change. It's the same hope and change that politicians have been promising us for years but has failed to happen. Why? Because they simply make promises they cannot keep. 

But I know of one person whose promises are always true and always kept.... Jesus Christ. He is the only one who can offer us the hope we so desperately long for and the change our world so terribly needs. In fact, when it comes to change, God gives us this amazing promise that he has vowed to keep, "Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land."

So you see, the change we need starts with you and me, we are the "my people" called to action. As Mother Theresa once wrote, "I used to pray that God would feed the hungry, or do this or that, but now I pray that he will guide me to do whatever I'm supposed to do, what I can do. I used to pray for answers, but now I'm praying for strength. I used to believe that prayer changes things, but now I know that prayer changes us and we change things.”

Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word that clearly tells us that if we humble ourselves, repent and turn to you, that you will deliver us and restore our land. Today, may we be the change we are seeking. May our prayers, actions and attitudes lead others to you as they see the change that starts with us. May we boldly proclaim today that the change will start with me. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Let it start with me - No Other Name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H_hmNqls7A

No comments:

Post a Comment