Tuesday, October 6, 2015

What does He mean?

"After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord." John 20:20


Pics For > Picture Of Jesus Nail Scarred Hands:

In the middle of my morning run, I pondered the words of a favorite song that came over the radio, "If you want to know how far my love can go, just how deep, just how wide. If you want to see how much you mean to me look at my hands, look at my side." The things that mean the most to us are the things that take our time, money and attention. Have you noticed that? If you were to look at how you spend those, does Jesus fit in there? What does He mean to you?

To know just how much you and I mean to Jesus would be to simply take a look at his scars, "he showed them his hands and side." The hands that were nailed to a cross and the side that was pierced by a Roman soldier (to ensure that Jesus was dead) showed his great love for each one of us. He died for the murderer, the prostitute, the adulterer, the drug addict and he died for you and me. He loved us too much to leave us dead in our sins.

So, I ask again. Where does Jesus fit into your life? You and I mean so much to him but what does He mean to you?

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us so much that you would send your son Jesus to die on a cross to forgive us of our sins. And he did this while we were still sinners and even hating and mocking him. May our eyes and hearts be opened to the love for us it took for Jesus to endure that painful death that we might live. As we ask ourselves what it is that means the most to us, may we strive for that answer to always be Jesus. May it show in all we do. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!
www.team413.org

Drops in the ocean - Hawk Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment