Monday, October 26, 2015

the good Father

"I love the LORD because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!" Psalm 116:1-2



My daughter likes to accompany me while I run sometimes. She will ride her bike alongside and we will chat, laugh and just enjoy eachothers company. Some time ago though, while we were traveling down a gravel road, she fell off her bike and skinned her knees on the rocks. As she laid there crying, I knelt down to reassure her that she was going to be okay and that I was right there beside her. While the pain didn't go away, knowing I was there listening to her cries, gave her the courage to get up and get back on her bike.

This is much like the way our Heavenly Father loves us. Psalm 116:1-2 says, "he hears my voice and prayer for mercy... he bends down to listen" This great and mighty God is also our kind and loving Father. Only a parent who intimately and profoundly loves his child would kneel down to listen to their cry for help. Yet that is what he does for me and for you. And because of this, I, like the psalmist, "will pray as long as I have breath!"

Perhaps you've fallen down today or are going through a hard time? Maybe you've got no one to turn to or no one to help you up? Your Heavenly Father is there and you can be assured that he will bend down to listen to your every word. Yes, he loves you that much. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for your promise that you would turn your ear to hear our prayers for mercy. Thank you for loving us so intimately that you would meet us where we are. I pray that the hurting and lost would turn to you today and rest in the arms of You, the good good Father. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!!!

Good, good father - Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment