Monday, October 19, 2015

It is written..

"Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry.The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.”Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone.” Luke 4:1-4



Have you ever noticed that, when you are most vulnerable, the devil will attack? Usually when you're tired, overwhelmed or at your wit's end? Like many people, I suffer from occasional anxiety attacks that typically occur when my schedule is packed, I've put things off that need to be done or something unexpected happens. Such was the case last weekend as I was driving to the first of many events and races I needed to be at. And then the familiar phrase, "What would Jesus do?" came to mind.

The bible tells us exactly what he would do, he would answer "It is written..." and put the devil in his place. Having not eaten for 40 days, Jesus was particularly vulnerable. But to every temptation and trial Christ faced, he fought back with the Word of God. Why had I not done this before I wondered. Over and over I repeated these words, It is written, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Philippians 4:6). As I felt a wave of peace come over me, I thanked God for his promises that are true. 

Perhaps you too are fearful or worried about something today? Ask yourself, "What would Jesus do?" and then do it. Prayer and petition along with thanksgiving are powerful weapons against the enemy.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word that tells us that your promises are true. May we read and study scripture daily that we would have the ability to fight back. Thank you for sending your Son as an example of what we should do and for being our Savior. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

www.team413.org

Whom shall I fear? - Chris Tomlin


No comments:

Post a Comment