Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Rejoice!

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


Across the country this week, I'm sure could be heard complaints about the excessive heat most of us are experiencing. I'm afraid I was one of them. Yesterday,as the mercury climbed, the humidity rose and my pace slowed, I began complaining, "It's too hot! I can't do this. Why am I out here? Another hill?!!" And suddenly, I realized that I was out there because I was healthy enough to do so. I was out there because God had called me to carry the message of Salvation to others and, for that, I had to be conditioned. And, I was out there, for a brief time away from the worries of the world and the demands of life, to spend some quiet time with my Savior.

Immediately I felt better. Not just better, but great! It hadn't cooled down any but I was refreshed. And as a smile came across my face, I remembered these commands, "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." Yes, it was hot, but I would rejoice. I would pray and I would sing songs of praise. And I would give thanks in this circumstance and in all circumstances for a Savior such as mine... one worthy of all the praise all the time.

Maybe you too are experiencing things in your life no one would fault you for complaining about. But by choosing to rejoice, pray and give thanks during those times, you can change your attitude. You may not change the situation, but you will find yourself refreshed and joyful in all circumstances.

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us so much that you would send your Holy Spirit to be our faithful companion, with us in every circumstance, guiding our paths and reminding us of all the things we have to be thankful for. Thank you Jesus for the ability to put one foot in front of the other to share your love with others no matter the circumstances. May we remember to rejoice, pray and give thanks at all times. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

Again I say rejoice - Israel Houghton

 



No comments:

Post a Comment