Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Today I choose

"But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?" Luke 12:20


Why I Love to Run in the Rain

A wise runner once said, "If you're waiting for perfect conditions, you'll never get anything done." With all the rain and the heat this summer, there were very days with perfect running weather. Do you know what happens when you run in the rain? You get wet. That's it. Sadly, many runners are missing the joy of it by choosing to wait though. Dr. Billy Graham was once asked this question pertaining to waiting for the right conditions to follow God, "My friend says he isn’t worried about going to heaven because just before he dies, he plans to ask God to forgive him for the way he’s been living, and God will do it — or so he claims. Is he right?"

To which Dr. Graham responded, "I’m always saddened whenever I hear of someone like this, because they’re putting themselves in extreme spiritual danger, and they don’t even realize it. After all, your friend has no way of knowing when or how he’ll die; he may not have any opportunity to turn to God. I’m reminded of Jesus’ parable about a rich man who decided one day to spend the rest of his life taking it easy, selfishly enjoying his riches. He had spent years gaining his wealth, but had never given any thought to his soul or his relationship to God. In other words, he was rich in things but poor in soul, and suddenly it was too late. “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you’." 

Perhaps you're waiting for the right conditions as well? Sadly for many, the perfect time will never come and they will spend an eternity apart from Christ. What are you waiting for? Regardless of the weather, today is the perfect day to make the decision to follow Jesus. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for promising us eternal life when we die if we will choose to follow you while we live. I pray that if there is someone waiting to make that decision that they would see that today is the perfect time and would say this prayer: Father, I confess that I am a sinner but I choose to follow you today. Please come into my heart and be my Savior. I confess and repent of my sins and choose to follow you all the days of my life. It's in your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!

Today I choose - Brian Doerksen

No comments:

Post a Comment