Sunday, December 31, 2023

Tell Someone about Jesus Today

“I will tell of your goodness; all day long I will speak of your salvation, though it is more than I can understand.” Psalm71:15 GNT



As I headed into church early yesterday morning, I couldn’t help but smile knowing that I was ending the year in a fantastic way. I had just finished up the last run of 2023 meditating on the goodness of God over the past 365 days, and was more convinced than ever that He is faithful. Which might seem strange to those who don’t know Jesus. You see, this past year was anything but easy for me and for my family. There were a lot of challenges, changes, tests, tragedies, tears, and trials. But through it all, God was there and He worked every one of them for my good and for His glory, as He’s done throughout my whole life. This is something He’s known for! So as my husband and I sang along with the praise team, “His love is strong and His grace is free… And the good news is I know that He… Can do for you what He's done for me….Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus… And let my Jesus change your life,” I fought back tears as I made a vow. In light of all that Jesus has done for me (throughout my entire lifetime not just the past year… for His faithfulness, love, patience and goodness), I will be even more bold in sharing my story and declaring, “He can do for you what He’s done for me. Jesus can change your life.”

And you know, as we go into the new year, can you just imagine how many people would be reached if each one of us vowed to tell what Jesus has done for us? To declare His goodness and to speak of His salvation to at least one person every day? Not just sharing the Good News but sharing personal stories from our own lives of how Jesus changed us, provided for us, made a way for us, comforted us, or lifted us up as well? After all, people are more apt to believe in God when they know why we believe in God. 

So make it a priority to talk about Jesus this year my friend, at every opportunity. Tell of all He’s done for You so that others would seek the One who’s changed your life and can change theirs too.

Heavenly Father, thank You for the many ways You have shown your love, mercy, grace and faithfulness to us this year and throughout our lives. Though your kindness and goodness is more than we can ever understand, help us to lead the lost to You by sharing our stories in appreciation. It’s in your precious name we pray Jesus. Amen. 

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment