Thursday, November 23, 2023

The Best Savings Offer

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 NIV



Like thousands of other runners across the United States yesterday, my family and I hadn't even finished celebrating Thanksgiving and being grateful for all the wonderful things we have, before the ads, popups and email invitations to get more stuff that we don’t need (by taking advantage of the countless Black Friday sales) began to flood my feed and inbox. From discounted running shoes and headphones to sale-priced hydration vests and so much more, the retailers' promises of free and fast shipping for online purchases and low and reduced prices on in-store buys ‘today only’ might be savings too good for many to pass up, right? Maybe so, but those sales aren’t nearly as good as the greatest offer ever extended to all of mankind on a Friday… an offer that was free and anything but black. 

You see on the first Good Friday over 2,000 years ago, Jesus Christ died a criminal's death on a cross so He could offer each and every one of us the greatest deal of all time... accept Him as Savior and receive the free gift of eternal life. Why? Because “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” Is that amazing or what? But it gets even better! You don't have to wait for a sale or even a special day to receive this life-saving savings—eternal life is offered to "whoever believes in him” at the moment they choose to believe in Him. Do you get that?? That means each and every person who accepts this offer "shall not perish but have eternal life." How's that for savings?

Now if you're thinking this offer is too good to be true, let me assure that it isn’t my friend. There are no hidden fees, no hidden disclosures, and no conditions that need to be met. Simply accept Jesus as your Savior today and be saved. It's a decision that won't leave you with buyer's remorse either, because as Billy Graham said, "I have never known anyone to accept Christ’s redemption and later regret it.”

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us so much that You would send Your one and only Son to die for us that we might spend eternity with You. If there is anyone reading this today that has not accepted you as their Lord and Savior, I pray today is the day they would say, "Lord, I admit that I am a sinner. I believe that you died on the cross to save me from my sins and I accept you as Lord of my life. Forgive me for the mistakes that I've made and help me start new knowing that I can look forward to eternal life with You." It's in Your precious name we pray, Jesus. Amen.

Happy Running!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment